Friday 11 March 2011

This months books

Yes, I know! I am late adding this months list but my day work has been a bit hectic. Anyway, I have chosen some of my favourites this time. City of Thieves is unusual because it is about a man who is set the challenge of finding a dozen eggs to save his life. Well worth a read.

Khaled Hosseini's book is so affecting and brilliantly written. It tells the story of a young girl in Afganistan who is a victim of the war. It is shocking to realise that this story takes place recently and that women are being treated in this way, not only in war zones but anywhere. It is redemptive and compulsive to read. Get out the tissues!

If you have read any of the books in my list this month, why not add your own comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. It is always lovely to hear your comments. Thanks for stopping by.